Aptito 2.9 June 10th Release Notes3 min read
//= get_the_author_meta('first_name') ?> //= get_the_author_meta('last_name') ?> //= the_post_thumbnail() ?> //= do_shortcode('[wtr-time]') ?>
In anticipation of October 2015 deadline for the liability shift and migration to EMV chip technology, Aptito has integrated its POS and mPOS with PCI certified and EMV approved Verifone card readers terminals VX520, VX680 and VX805 PIN pad. Most notable features of this integration include, but not limited to:
- Accept, void and refund credit and debit cards securely through EMV terminal or pinpad.
- Integrated NFC capabilities of these terminals and pinpad support alternative payments such as Apple Pay ™ as well as value-added applications such as loyalty and/or gift card acceptance.
- TSYS class A certification of Verifone card readers terminals VX520, VX680 and VX805 PIN pad allows Aptito customers to connect directly to our backend processor TSYS, thus avoiding gateways and reducing monthly processing fees.
- Terminals and PIN pads are securely connected through our proprietary local server technology.
Aptito’s EMV/NFC/Apple Pay™ solution, based on VeriFone hardware will suit any customer needs and any price category:
- Priced at $159 the VX 805 Contactless PIN pad provides precisely what you need, and nothing you don’t. This incredibly convenient payment device allows merchants to process a range of transactions through multiple connectivity options, while offering the latest NFC technology for mobile payments.
- Priced at $179 the VX 520 is a reliable, rugged countertop device that’s built to last. It handles encryption, decryption and processing at lightning speeds thanks to its powerful processor and expandable memory.
- Priced at $429 the VX 680 portable terminals provide the right combination of features and functions including a triple-track mag-stripe card reader, EMV smart card reader, integrated PIN pad, color touch display, contactless support, and a quiet yet fast internal thermal printer.
Also in this release Aptito is introducing:
Interactive Kitchen Screen Display, which can work alongside or instead of the kitchen printers on any type of the touch screen tablet, running any operating system with any web browser. Kitchen personnel can review the orders by their priority, group, specific notes of each order or modifiers of each dish, transfer dish from one kitchen screen to another, i.e. allocate task to specific chef, notify water that the dish/order is ready by sending message to the POS or mPOS system. Aptito’s Interactive Kitchen Screen Display can be connected through WiFi, therefore avoiding costly Ethernet cabling, orders and dishes are always in front of the chef, helping to improve operations and avoid mistakes, saves owner’s printer paper expenses and helps to keep our planet cleaner. Our Interactive Kitchen Screen Display technology is free of charge to any Aptito customer, all you have to do is to buy a tablet.
Multiple Happy Hours can be created by the restaurant owners, who can now set specific individual times of the multiple happy hours for each day of the week, as well as set different pricing for each dish for the specific happy hour and specific day.
Star TS650 thermal Bluetooth printer integration allows quick and seamless printer installation without expensive and most of the time inconvenient Ethernet cabling work.
Improved employee management with addition of the automated Clock In, Clock Out, and Shift information printout will help restaurant managers to improve operations and controls.